Saturday, November 29, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

We had a lovely holiday. I'm thankful for so many things, but mostly I'd say for my family and the abundant love they bring into my life. And by family, I mean the ones I was blessed with by blood AND the ones I've been blessed with by choice in the way of friends.

And a special "THANK YOU!" to Grant, who gifted us with a new (to us) computer when he got his new-new computer. Thanks, Dude. You don't know what it means to me to not have to rely on Sluggy, my old laptop, any more. I'm going to have the kids come into your store and do special interpretive dances for you to show our appreciation and gratitude. Did you realize how awesome this machine was when you just GAVE it to us? Wow, you blow me away.

Both my pregnant sisters, by the way, are having girls. The good sister is naming hers Regan and she will be rewarded with many hand-knit treasures. The bad sister is getting coal. Good sister is due April 20th. Bad sister? Who knows for sure, she's sure not sharing with ME! Coal, I tell 'ya! I might THROW the coal at her too! Good sister is VERY good this year! Bad sister is working on some kind of new record for badness. :(

I'm off to knit more on my Monkeys. Mom will be in town tomorrow to spend the night. I'm not doing anything to the house, if it's clean enough for my babies and my friends it's clean enough for Mom too. More time for knitting!

Oh, and one more thing. We've got this GREAT Buck Stove wood heater in the "man room" basement of our house. We've maybe spent $30 on wood so far this year, but one burn will keep our whole house at about 74 degrees Fahrenheit for between four and six hours. It took us a little playing to get the hang of it but this stove has got to be the most kick-ass part of our already totally awesome house. I'm SO thankful that we get to live here with our kids. There's no place like home...

No comments: