Friday, November 9, 2012

Childhood Rite of Passage

Sarah pierced Keegan's ear last night.  At his request, of course.  Also, after many jokes about accidentally piercing his neck or face or hand.  They used tons of alcohol - the rubbing kind, not the drinking kind - so that qualifies Sarah as "at least as professional as the girls at Claires in the mall".

I remember when I was younger, having my friends help me pierce my bellybutton.  I was not brave & it took quite a while to get it done.  I won't even talk about the tattoos my cousin Tara and I gave ourselves when we were 16!

Keegan made a pained facial expression just for this picture.  I'm proud of them though, this is some serious sibling bonding & something they may look back on years from now with a smile.  I know I'm privileged to be able to share this memory with them.  My kids are a blessing, they're brave and smart and thoughtful and... well, just amazing.  I'm lucky to have such an awesome daughter this year, and such awesome sons all the time.  I have the best job in the whole world.  That's why the word Mom is Wow, upside down!

No comments: