Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Bitch that Stole My Husband

This picture is from yesterday, hubby took Kara out for a ride on his day off.



Here she's gazing adoringly at him (holding the camera) and ignoring me completely (standing behind her).



Yesterday was such a beautiful day, sunny and cool and yellow-green from all the grass and trees that are beginning to sprout to life again. It was Heaven-on-Earth. I went home on my lunch break and traded my car out for my motorcycle. Wish I had a picture of it but no one was home to take one. I rode it back to work and then left an hour early to pick my son up from school & talk to his new math teacher.

Things in the kid and school front are looking up. Still rocky but looking up nonetheless. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My blanket is coming along more slowly, I haven't really had a chance to work on it this week. A little here and a little more there but not really a big chunk of time until knit night (tonight). I played hookey from work, came home & slept because I wasn't feeling well. My Mom stopped-by in the early evening, which is unheard of, and she brought me a whole truck load of compost for my new garden and some plastic coated chicken wire for my garden-in-progress. I had to shovel all the dirt out of her truck because her back is out (my dad loaded it with the front end loader on their farm in KY) and it was starting to rain. Then she was gone, just like that.

Hope everyone came through the storms ok. We missed you all at knit night. Maybe we can get together this Saturday instead?

No comments: