Friday, June 12, 2009

Garden Visitors & Tomato Blossoms

I found a lot of new friends in my garden this afternoon. I don't know what half of them are, or whether some of them are pest or friend, but they're all beautiful and I wish I had more time to watch them & see what they're all up to.


The little guy below had vivid, electric colors. I've had fish that looked like him!


Startled this wolf spider out while I was weeding. I love wolf spiders, they're so beautiful. When I find them inside the house I always gently take them outside again. Probably to their consternation, since they just seem to turn around & come back in right away!


This also was a NEAT looking spider. Loads of green & yellow on it's belly but he moved fast & I couldn't get a good pic of the exciting parts.


I have a special fondness for the Praying Mantis, I'm always excited to find one in my garden. This little girl was in my Chinese Red Noodle beans, which I have moved as of this afternoon to a more suitable place in my garden. I hope they will appreciate the move with loads of growth and beans!


And finally, these are my tomato blossoms I told you about yesterday. Any day now, they're going to open up and I'll take pictures and then we'll have baby tomatoes!

No comments: